you made the backup. In Linux, I hope you know how to locate and cd to the parent directory of the adb command. This will open a command prompt (your window will look different than mine). Checkout Best Way to Unblock Facebook Restriction At Schools and how to Create Unlimited Facebook Accounts Without Mobile Numbers. So, I’m come with a guide by which you can keep your data save and restore your app data easily and able to flash custom firmware without wiping data of your phone.
Also backup all your internal storage files just in case anything goes wrong. Take a nandroid backup from the custom recovery before flashing the ROM. Huawei users simply need to download stock firmware .zip files and flash it through TWRP custom Recovery. Previously, we have also shared a tutorial to flash stock firmware on any Huawei smartphone or tablet using the Card Update method. Since the phone’s release, the progress in the developer community took some refreshing turns with support for TWRP recovery and root.
- In such cases, you don’t have to flash the GApps file separately.
- TWRP and CWM have similar feature sets, and there’s little practical difference between them.
- In this method, we’ll go through easy steps on how to take Nandroid backup directly to PC.
- They also reduce bloatware that comes as a part of many manufacturer skins.
- He would frequently install custom ROMs, kernels, and recoveries to improve his Android experience beyond what stock could provide.
It is an app that allows you to backup your data, enter a password for the file, and perform a backup. If you want to back up data from an Android application, you’ll need to connect your Android device to a Linux PC via USB cable. The Android Debug Bridge or “adb” command line utility will be required to interact with your phone once it has been connected. You can install ADB in any Linux distribution by following the download stock firmware steps in the package manager. Download the Android/Web OTA Update Zip file and then select Platform / Tools from the System menu. If your device isn’t working properly, restart it and connect it to your PC via USB in order to ensure it is back in working order. Sideload, which is included in Jelly Bean’s AOSP recovery, has recently been released.
- If you plan to unlock bootloader or want to flash custom ROM, this guide is for you.
- If you want to take full advantage of TWRP then you must know the advantage and disadvantages of flashing TWRP recovery on your android phone.
- You can use the device drivers provided by your device manufacturer or you can follow the below link to install drivers for any device using PDANET.
- This is a great way to create a backup of your device in case you ever need to factory reset your device or if you want to move your data to a new device.
- For that i have searched in google and flashed cache.img file.
By following the step-by-step guide provided in this article, you can easily install TWRP using the official TWRP app. The app is user-friendly and guides you through the entire process, making it easy for even novice users to install TWRP. With TWRP installed, you can now enjoy the benefits of custom ROMs, backups, and other advanced features on your device. This guide has covered all the necessary steps needed to install TWRP without a PC, so you can rest assured that your device is in safe hands.